TALENT GRANTS FOR NON-EEA STUDENTS AT AMSTERDAM UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS
Deadline: June 1
Scholarship in Netherlands
Scholarship for Masters Program
Applicants are invited to apply for Talent Grants sponsored and administered by Amsterdam University of the Arts (AHK) for the 2018-2020 academic year. Grants are open to students from a non-EEA country (excluding the countries Suriname and Switzerland those are not eligible for this grant scheme) to pursue the master degree programme.
The Talent Grant was established in 2013 and is aimed at providing financial support to excellent students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland and Suriname who wish to study at the Amsterdam University of the Arts (AHK).
The Amsterdam University of the Arts (AHK) trains students for the national and international world of art, culture and heritage. The AHK stands for educational excellence. The Amsterdam University of the Arts is constantly innovating and developing. It occupies a prominent place, both nationally and internationally, in education, the arts and cultural life. The courses are given in alluring locations in Amsterdam, the cultural centre of the Netherlands.
- Grants are available to pursue master degree programme.
- Grants are available to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
Amount of Scholarship:
Students from non-EEA countries normally have to pay the institutional tuition fees, which are not subsidised by the government and considerably higher. The Talent Grant helps non-EEA students cover the difference between the institutional tuition fees and the government-subsidised statutory tuition fees for the entire duration of their study at the AHK.
Who Can Apply for this Scholarship?
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The student or applicant is national from a non-EEA country (excluding the countries Suriname and Switzerland that are not eligible for this grant scheme);
- The student or applicant demonstrates exceptional merit;
- The student will be living full-time in the Netherlands while studying at the AHK;
- The student has to pay the non-state funded, and thus higher, institutional tuition fees;
- The applicant who is not yet enrolled at the AHK, must have passed the entrance exam successfully.
Each application will be assessed on the basis of the student’s potential, as well as their financial situation.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply for this Scholarship?
AHK before they can apply for this grant. The head of the study programme is entitled to set their own criteria for what is considered ‘exceptional merit’. The director of each academy will make a ranking of the applications; the ranking will be presented to the Executive Board of the AHK for the final decision.