Skype Foreign Studies Master’s Scholarships
Deadline: July 16
Scholarship in Estonia
Scholarship for Masters Program
Skype and the Information Technology Foundation for Education hereby launch the competition for foreign studies Master’s scholarships for 2017. The Scholarship is designed to cover the cost of tuition fees or other costs related to studies.
The aims of the Scholarship are to promote the transfer of knowledge between the sciences and the humanities and the popularization of ICT specialties and to boost the availability of Master’s studies abroad for Master’s students from Estonia.
The Information Technology Foundation for Education (HITSA) is a non-profit association established by the Republic of Estonia, the University of Tartu, Tallinn University of Technology, Eesti Telekom and the Estonian Association of Information Technology and Telecommunications.
- Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree programme.
- Scholarships are awarded in the sciences (preferably related to information and communications technology) or interdisciplinary studies on condition that one level of higher education is completed in the sciences.
Amount of Scholarship:
The scholarship is worth 8000 euros for the 2017/2018 academic. The Scholarship is designed to cover the cost of tuition fees or other costs related to studies. The period of the scholarship is the 2017/2018 academic year – 10 months in total.
Who Can Apply for this Scholarship?
Applications are open to Estonian citizens and foreigners living in Estonia on the basis of a permanent residence permit who have met the qualifications to enroll in Master’s studies.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply for this Scholarship?
In order to apply, applicants must fill the online application form. Please attach the following additional documents:
- CV, which must list contact details (including your telephone number and e-mail address);
- Full results of studies at the last educational institution you attended (i.e. academic record);
- Describe the topic you plan to cover in your Master’s thesis, or if you have not decided this, describe in general the field you are interested in (up to 1000 characters), indicating the country and/or educational institution at which you would you like to continue your studies; and
- An essay on the topic “What I will be doing in five years’ time thanks to the Skype foreign studies scholarship” (4500-7000 characters).
There is very little difference between accredited online college classes and non-accredited online college classes. The difference become acute when after completing the degree from online colleges. Those who get admitted in accredited online colleges and attend classes of accredited online college classes get a valuable certificate upon successfully completion of the college degree. But those who attend non-accredited online college classes get certificates but worthless certificate. They are not hired by the employers. Because there is no credibility of certificate issued by non-accredited online colleges. That’s why do not be tempted by attractive advertisements. Simply get yourself admitted to an accredited online college and start attending accredited online college classes. In the long run quality survives. And so does the degree from accredited online college classes.