Research in Curatorial Studies Scholarship in Ireland
Scholarship in Ireland
Applications are invited for EVA International Curatorial Scholarship for 2017–2019 academic year. This is an MA Practice-Based Research in Curatorial Studies at EVA International in partnership with Limerick School of Art and Design, LIT. This scholarship, which has been designed by EVA International and LIT, prioritises practical experience in curatorial studies.
EVA International is Ireland’s Biennial of Contemporary Art. Every two years EVA International works with guest curators to create a 12-week program of exhibitions and events that engage with the people and city of Limerick, Ireland.
Amount of Scholarship:
- Master of Arts, 2 years full time
- Fees for 2 years and a stipend to the value of €8000 per annum (students from outside the EU will have part fees paid)
- 35 hours per week required working in the EVA International offices in Limerick City during office hours
Who Can Apply for this Scholarship?
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Requirements of Candidate
- Level 8 Honours Degree (with a 2:2 Grade or higher), in an appropriate study field, is essential
- Applications are welcome from candidates with an Honours Degree in Arts and Humanities, Fine Art, Arts Management or related discipline who can demonstrate a commitment to or interest in working as a curator of the visual arts
- Interest in pursuing postgraduate studies in an area related to visual art and curatorial studies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work at a professional level with academics, curators, artists, and peers
- Capacity to work independently
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have level 8 Honours Degree (with a 2:2 Grade or higher), in an appropriate study field is essential.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work at a professional level with academics, curators, artists, and peers.
How to Apply: Please send the application to graduate studies-at-lit.ie including:
- Completed application form (download here)
- Cover letter explaining your suitability for the role
- Full certified transcript of examination results
- Curriculum vitae
- Research proposal