PhD Scholarships in Human Geography at University of Melbourne
Deadline: October 6
Scholarship in Australia
Scholarship for PhD Program
Higher studies in Australia? Is it a good choice? Every day, thousands of students ask the same question. Which country should they go to get higher education? Higher education in Australia is definitely a good choice. And there are lots of opportunities of scholarship in Australia. Every year hundreds of students get scholarship in Australia. Australia has numerous universities which are within top 500 position in world ranking. At the same time environment in Australia is very student friendly. A report shows that in Australia students from different nations don’t face any kind of racism. That is another bright side of higher studies and scholarship in Australia. However, the education cost in Australia is high. In scholarshipin.com, we have gathered the top scholarships offered in Australia to help students with the tuition fee. In this section of scholarshipin.com there are more than 50 top scholarships of Australia has been highlighted. If you are looking for scholarship in Australia, then you are at the right place. Scholarshipin.com has made scholarship in Australia search easier for the students. Although we didn’t cover all of the scholarships of Australia, we focused on the top scholarships of Australia only.
The School of Geography at the University of Melbourne is delighted to offer full-time PhD scholarships to work on a project that is exploring how new digital technologies are transforming how people work and move in cities. The scholarships are open to both domestic and international applicants.
These scholarships form part of an Australian Research Council-funded project that is investigating how new digital on-demand ways of moving people, goods and services in cities—often referred to as the ‘gig economy’—are dramatically changing the power relations between consumption and production, creating wide-ranging and uneven social, political and economic risks and opportunities yet to be comprehensively understood and responded to.
Established in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public-spirited institution that makes distinctive contributions to society in research, learning, and teaching and engagement. It is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, with international rankings of world universities placing it as number 1 in Australia and number 33 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015-2016).
- Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Scholarships are awarded in Human Geography.
Amount of Scholarship:
The candidates will receive a stipend of A$26,916 per year for three years, with a possible 6-month extension. Candidates will also receive funding support from the School during their candidature for field work expenses and to attend conferences.
Who Can Apply for this Scholarship?
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- To be eligible to apply, applicants must have completed (or be completing in 2017) a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or a Master’s degree with a substantial research component, or be regarded by the University of Melbourne as having an equivalent level of attainment; and intend on undertaking a full-time research higher degree in 2018. The scholarships are open to both domestic and international applicants.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible to apply, applicants must have completed (or be completed in 2017) a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or a Master’s degree with a substantial research component.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have completed tertiary studies that are at least equivalent to a 4-year honours degree at an Australian university with a minimum result of first class honours. The University of Melbourne TOEFL Institution Code is 0974. Please use this code so that your results can be reported to us. Some faculties may accept graduate students with a slightly lower IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English or CAE score.
How to Apply for this Scholarship?
Please submit an application to Associate Professor David Bissell by email which comprises the following:
- A one-page expression of interest outlining the disciplinary, theoretical, methodological and practical expertise and experience you will bring to the research project.
- A CV containing the following information:
- Personal details (name, address, email and phone contact)
- Your tertiary (university) qualifications
- Current study (if applicable)
- Evidence of your research ability and qualifications to undertake a Ph.D., including where applicable:
- Details of original research, such as a thesis, dissertation or research project (not coursework essays or assignments)
- Research methods subjects/units completed
- Any research experience you may have had in your employment
- Any research publications, such as in refereed journals, conferences papers, books with original research, and research reports in industry
- Scholarships or awards received, including where and when you received the award
- Names, position and telephone contacts for two referees who can comment on your research abilities.
- Copies of university academic transcripts.