Open University Scholarship in UK
Deadline: July 20
Scholarship in UK
Master’s Degree Scholarship / PhD Scholarship / Postgraduate Scholarship / Research Scholarships / Scholarship for MBA Program
The Open University (OU) is offering free online course to learn English for Academic Purposes. This course is designed for students who want to study in English at university. You’ll need an English language level of IELTS 5.5.
Throughout the course you will be able to share your practice work with other learners, to give and get feedback. The course will start on July 3, 2017.
Effort: 4 hours/week
Institution: and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning. The Open University is rated one of the best in the UK for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey. All Open University Science courses presented on FutureLearn are produced with the kind support of Dangoor Education.
This online course will give you an introduction to the academic language and skills that you will need to study at a university where the teaching is done in English.
You will develop four language skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) using tasks that a university student would undertake: listening to lectures, taking notes, spoken presentations, reading academic texts (including long sentences and visual information) and writing reports using proper academic words.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Apply strategies for reading academic texts
- Assess the relevance of information for an academic purpose
- Describe problems and cause-and-effect using academic language
- Develop your academic vocabulary and vocabulary skills
- Produce effective notes from a spoken presentation
- Collaborate with other learners by engaging in peer-to-peer feedback
- Synthesise information and use it to begin writing a short piece of academic work
- Produce a final written piece of academic work using the skills learned
This course is designed for students who want to study in English at university. You’ll need an English language level of IELTS 5.5.
She is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Languages and Applied Linguistics at the Open University and look back at 20 years of designing and facilitating distance learning opportunities including MOOCs
How to Apply for this Scholarship?
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).
There is very little difference between accredited online college classes and non-accredited online college classes. The difference become acute when after completing the degree from online colleges. Those who get admitted in accredited online colleges and attend classes of accredited online college classes get a valuable certificate upon successfully completion of the college degree. But those who attend non-accredited online college classes get certificates but worthless certificate. They are not hired by the employers. Because there is no credibility of certificate issued by non-accredited online colleges. That’s why do not be tempted by attractive advertisements. Simply get yourself admitted to an accredited online college and start attending accredited online college classes. In the long run quality survives. And so does the degree from accredited online college classes.