Merit Based Scholarships for International Students at Syracuse University in USA
Deadline: November 15
Scholarship in USA
Scholarship for Undergraduate Program / Bachelor Degree Scholarship
If you are looking for undergraduate scholarship, Master’s degree scholarship or PhD scholarship, you are in the right place. Not only Bachelor’s degree scholarship and postgraduate scholarship, you will find a lot of community scholarship, private scholarship, research scholarship and fellowship in scholarshipcare.com. It is the best website to apply for scholarships and grants. There are hundreds of website offer financial aid and scholarship information. But the easiest way to apply for a scholarship is here on scholarshipcare.com. You will find step by step application process, regular scholarship updates and the most attractive thing, you will find all scholarship information for free in scholarshipcare.com. That is why scholarshipcare.com is the best website to apply for scholarships and grants online.
Amount of Scholarship:
There are three merit scholarships to recognize academic achievement for top students admitted to programs across the University:
- The Founders’ Scholarship ($20,000 annually)
- Chancellor’s Scholarship ($15,000 annually)
- Dean’s Scholarship ($10,000 annually).
A select number of specialized scholarships for superbly accomplished students are also awarded:
- The Full Tuition 1870 Scholarship ($45,150 annually): The 1870 Scholarship is the highest recognition offered by the Office of Admissions. Named for the year in which the university was founded, prospective recipients are evaluated for academic and creative accomplishments, as well as personal achievement and commitment in community service, demonstrated caring for others, and a global perspective. 1870 Scholars are admitted to the Honors Program.
- Excellence Scholarship ($30,000 annually)
- Archbold-Day Scholarship ($25,000 annually): Inspired by the significant campus expansion realized by former Chairman of the Board of Trustees, John D. Archbold, and the fourth Chancellor of Syracuse University, James Roscoe Day, this award recognizes students who show exceptional leadership potential and the promise of changing the world for the better. Archbold-Day scholars are admitted to the Honors Program.
- Achievement Scholarship ($22,575 annually)
- Distinguished Art Portfolio Award ($10,000 annually)
- Distinguished Drama Performance Award ($10,000 annually)
- Distinguished Music Performance Award ($10,000 annually)
- Distinguished Architecture Portfolio Award ($10,000 annually)
Who Can Apply for this Scholarship?
Applicants must be enrolled in, or have graduated from, an accredited secondary school.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
Test Requirement: The SAT/ACT is not required of any student studying outside the U.S. and currently enrolled in a school that does not follow the American system of education (including U.S. citizens living abroad). SAT Subject Tests are not required.
English Language Requirement: All international students whose native language is not English are required to have an official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE (Pearson Test of English) Academic score report sent directly to the University from the testing service. Use ID code 2823 when requesting your official TOEFL scores from ETS. Preferred TOEFL and IELTS scores vary by college (see chart below). In addition, Syracuse University will consider results of the PTE Academic for English proficiency if the score is 68 or higher.
Application Procedure: The mode of applying is online.
- Common Application
- Official secondary school transcript
- Senior year grade report
- Standardized test scores: SAT (old or new) or ACT. Essay is not required with the new SAT. ACT writing section is not required.
- Secondary school counselor evaluation
- Two academic recommendations
- Early Decision agreement (if you are applying ED)
Colleges with online Masters Programs are more popular than traditional colleges. Flexibility is the demand of the students of this modern era. What additional colleges cannot offer? As a result students are becoming more interested in colleges with online Master’s program. Taking into the level rising demand into consideration many traditional colleges are converting into online colleges and be coming colleges with online Masters Programs. They are keeping both traditional Master’s program and online Master’s program concurrently. Colleges with online Masters Programs are considered modern colleges. Colleges with online Master’s program are considered technological enriched institutions. And those who doesn’t have any online facility like online bachelor degree program or online master’s degree program are considered obsolete. And students don’t like to get admitted into obsolete institutions. That is why colleges with online master’s degree program is becoming more popular than colleges with no online master’s degree program.