Legal Entrepreneur Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage academic excellence and foster the entrepreneurial skills of UTS Law students, providing them the opportunity to gain insight into the establishment of a new business and the day-to-day operation of the legal profession.
The Scholarship offers Law students the opportunity to receive a cash grant to support their studies, as well as paid work placement and entrepreneurship mentoring with & Legal.
Please read the Conditions of Award for the full details of the Scholarship.
The maximum value of this scholarship is $5,000. Usually one (1) new Recipient will be awarded the Scholarship each year. The duration of the scholarship is one (1) year.
Who is eligible?
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum of 18 credit points in the session of award) in a UTS undergraduate or postgraduate Law degree;
- For undergraduate Law students:
- have successfully completed 96 credit points or greater in their course, with the successful completion of at least 24 credit points in Law core subjects at the time of the scholarship selection;
- For postgraduate Law students:
- have successfully completed 36 credit points or greater in their course at the time of scholarship application.
- Be Australian or New Zealand citizens, or holders of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa;
- Have achieved a GPA of 2.5 or above with no fails unless exceptional circumstances can be demonstrated in the Scholarship application form;
- Submit a detailed curriculum vitae;
- Submit a business plan for a business the applicant wishes to start or has started;
- The business does not have to be related to the legal profession.
- The proposed business can be a completely new idea or an innovation of an established type of business.
- The applicant must acknowledge any other people who have developed the proposed business concept or may reasonably be considered to have a future stake in the business’ intellectual property.
- & Legal and UTS shall keep all ideas submitted confidential and the applicants retain the intellectual property of their business idea.
- Alignment of values, goals and culture with those of & Legal as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview
- Academic merit (GPA) in current UTS course
- Motivation and interest in the UTS Law course, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview
- Motivation and interest in participating in a paid work placement and entrepreneurship mentoring at & Legal, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview
- Personal experience and achievement, including but not limited to entrepreneurship, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview
- Business acumen as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview
How to apply
Applications are currently open. To apply for this Scholarship please complete the online application form
Opening date: 16 December 2016
Closing date: 27 March 2017
For further information contact
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: 02 9514 2527