JICA Scholarships for Asian Students
Scholarship in Japan
Master’s Degree Scholarship / PhD Scholarship
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is offering scholarships for students who are studying at ‘partner schools’ in Asian countries. Selected students will come to Japan in around September 2017 to commence master’s or doctor’s programme at participating Japanese Universities.
This initiative aims to enhance the circulation of competent human resources between Japan and Asian countries and to promote innovation in the whole Asia.
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is advancing its activities around the pillars of a field-oriented approach, human security, and enhanced effectiveness, efficiency, and speed.
- Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s or doctor’s courses at participating Japanese universities.
- Scholarships are awarded in such fields as Science and Technology, and Engineering, especially, Information Technology, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
Amount of Scholarship:
JICA will provide the following expenses for participants in the program.
- Tuition at Japanese university master’s/ doctor’s degree programs (and research student) (actual cost)
- Allowances for living expenses (fixed amount)
- Outfit allowance (general outfit and shipping) (fixed amount)
- Mobilization allowance (fixed amount)
- Moving allowance (lump-sum payment for rental contract)
- Books (fixed amount)
- Interior research (fixed amount)
- A round-trip airfare (actual cost)
- Expenses for support programs during the study in Japan, including the costs of observation tours and internship (actual cost)
- Tuition for Japanese language and business manner training (fixed amount)
Who Can Apply for this Scholarship?
Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Under 40 years of age (as of September 1st, 2017)
- Bachelor’s degree (as of September 1st, 2017)
- Those who study or graduated from the partner schools
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Adequate English skills both in written and oral communication to complete the master’s course or doctor’s course.
How to Apply for this Scholarship?
Each applicant is required to submit the necessary documents by the deadline set by Japanese Universities. After the acceptance confirmation by Japanese Universities, JICA will ask the applicants to submit the prescribed documents for the visa application to Japan.
Online colleges removes the geographical boundaries. However, it doesn’t mean students always need to be overseas students to get admitted in online colleges. Students how live nearby also prefer online colleges to avoid transportation. These types of students look for regional online colleges. Regional online college’s means the online colleges located in a particular region. If you are looking for regional online college in United States that means you are looking for online college in United States. The region in this case in United States. Regional online colleges are geographically separated. Students who want to study in particular geographical location but cannot afford it, by choosing regional online colleges can solve the problem. For example, a student want to study in Canada. Now if he simply search for regional online colleges in Canada and get admitted, his problem will be totally solved.