International Joint MSc Scholarships for Developing Countries
Deadline: 15 January
Scholarship in Germany
Scholarship for Masters Program
This is a scholarship for students to developing country. Students who already have completed bachelor degree program and want to pursue a MSc Program can apply for this scholarship. This scholarship is organized by United Nations in United Nations University, Bonn, Germany. This scholarship is a two years Masters Scholarship. Student who will attend MSc program in the following subjects can apply for this scholarship program.
- Geographical approaches to risk, vulnerability and resilience
- New approaches to development geography
- Earth system science.
- Qualitative & Quantitative Methods, as well as GIS & Remote Sensing
- Social-ecological systems, Risk & Technology.
- Risk management and governance, forecast & prediction.
- Disaster management, disaster risk reduction (DRR) and humanitarian response.
Amount of Scholarship:
It is a full funded scholarship. It includes:
- Full free tuition fee
- Living allowance
- Travel allowance and
- Other education related expenses
Who Can Apply?
To apply for this scholarship, there are some certain criteria that a student must have to fulfill to be eligible. The requirements are:
a) Applicants must possess a first, higher education qualification (Bachelor’s Degree) in Geography or a related / comparable professionally certified study programme. Out of all higher education qualifications earned (Bachelor’s, Master’s, additional academic coursework, etc.) applicants must have accumulated at least 100 ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) within courses related to the three following areas:
- Human Geography and Social Sciences with a focus on spatial patterns, society, development;
- Science methodology and empirical research methods;
- Physical Geography, Geosciences and Environmental Sciences with a focus on Earth System Science.
b) A strong motivation to contribute to the area of Human Security and management of risks related to Environmental Change is a pre-requisite to study in this Master’s Programme. Applicants should be highly motivated to learn in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment.
c) A minimum of 2 years of related professional experience is required for candidates from developing countries who additionally wish to be considered for a scholarship under the Development-Related Postgraduate programmes (Epos) of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
d) Non-native English speaking applicants must prove sufficient proficiency in the English language.
Eligible candidates should fulfill the following requirements in addition to the general eligibility criteria for the Master’s programme:
- Being a candidate from a “Developing Country” (according to the classification of the DAAD)
- Having at least two years of practical work experience (e.g. with an NGO, GO, or the private sector) in a field related to the study programme
- Having graduated from the Bachelor no longer than five years ago
- Having completed no other Master in a similar field of studies
- Aiming at a career as a practitioner in a field related to the programme of study
How to Apply?
To apply for this scholarship, follow the steps provided below. The applicaiton process of this scholarship is not straight forward. You have to put some effort in order to apply for this scholarship. We tried our best to make the application process simpler. Follow the steps to apply for this scholarship:
a) Completed and signed application form(REQUIRED)
b) A signed Résumé/CV (REQUIRED)
- A current résumé including a chronological listing of employment and other significant activities must be submitted with any application.
c) Official transcripts (REQUIRED)
- Applicants must submit an official transcript from each college or university in which they were enrolled for any period of time, showing all courses, grades and degrees received
- Only transcripts that have been certified by the university where the degree was awarded will be accepted
- In cases where the transcript is written in any other language than English, a certified translation of the transcript into English or German is also required
- Translated versions can be certified either by the originating university or an official national or international institution
d) Letter of motivation (REQUIRED)
- A written statement, one to two pages in length, describing their motivation, area of proposed research, background, past work in the intended field of study, plans for further postgraduate study and any other information they feel is relevant. Applicants who are currently registered in a postgraduate programme at another university should explain why they wish to change programmes.
e) For non-native English speakers or applicants where English is not the official language, an English language proficiency certificate. (REQUIRED).
f) Copy of Bachelor Thesis or academic essay written as part of the fulfillment of the first degree (preferably in English). (REQUIRED).
g) If the candidate wishes to be considered for the Epos funding by the DAAD the candidate should add theDAAD application form, a motivation letter with reference to the current occupation, professional letters of recommendation from your employer (with recent date, stamped and signed), academic letters of recommendation from your university (with recent dates, stamped and signed), as well as a confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home.
h) Other relevant documents to support your application (OPTIONAL):
- Further certificates on professional experience and expertise (recommended for Epos applicants)
- Additional Certified Transcripts in cases where additional academic credits were earned outside of Degrees awarded
- Letters of recommendation
There are many websites to apply for scholarships. However, the best website to apply for scholarships is scholarshipcare.com and scholarshipin.com. These two websites to apply for scholarships are always updated and always provided step by step scholarship application process. Most of the websites to apply for scholarships share scholarship links only. But scholarshipcare.com and scholarshipin.com not only provide the links but also provide step by step scholarship application guidance. When you are searching for websites to apply for scholarships, go nowhere else but these two websites to apply for scholarships: scholarshipcare.com and scholarshipin.com.