IMB Fully-funded International Scholarship in Germany
Deadline: June 23
Scholarship in Germany
The International PhD Programme includes groups at the Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB), Johannes Gutenberg University (JGU), Mainz’s University Medical Centre (UMC). The IPP wants to attract the brightest minds from all over the world.
The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a modern research centre, which is funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation, a charity with a long tradition in promoting outstanding research in medicine, biology, chemistry and pharmaceutical science.
- Positions are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- They are looking for creative and ambitious students in the field of life sciences who are looking for challenging work at the cutting edge of science. The International PhD Programme includes groups at the Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB), Johannes Gutenberg University (JGU), Mainz’s University Medical Centre (UMC).
List of Projects: Epigenetics & Gene regulation and Computational biology & omics
Amount of Scholarship:
All PhD students receive generous, fully funded fellowships for a period of three years with the possibility for extension.
Eligibility Criteria: The IPP wants to attract the brightest minds from all over the world. We are looking for creative and ambitious students in the field of life sciences who are looking for challenging work at the cutting edge of science. Our student community currently consists of more than 100 PhD students from 23 different countries. Each call we receive more than 500 applications from students all over the world, for approximately 10 – 12 positions.
Working language: First criterion for eligibility is that you are fluent in English, which is our working language in the IPP.
Education and experience: You should have prior experience in a research environment and have, or be about to complete, a Master’s or equivalent degree (at least 4 years of university education).
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: The official working language at IMB is English. Certificate as proof of English skills not a requirement, but proficiency in English, both written and verbal, is a prerequisite for entry to the IPP.
How to Apply for this Scholarship?
The mode of applying is online.
- Register online to provide us with your contact details and the details of at least two referees. Referees should be senior scientists who know you well.
- Once you have completed the registration form, your nominated referees will receive a personalised link to the standard reference form and upload page. You will be notified by email when a reference letter is submitted.
- We will not consider applications until 2 reference letters are received. Therefore, please ensure that you contact your referees in advance of registering to inform them of your intention to apply to the IPP, and to confirm that they are able to provide a reference by the specified deadline.
- Information required for registration: Personal data, including your address and contact details or Contact details of your referees
Once you have registered, you will receive immediately a link to your personalised online application form by Email. You find this link at the end of a guideline how to apply. The application form will ask you to provide the information and documents listed below.
As the form cannot be saved, we strongly advise you to prepare the necessary information before you begin. Texts can then be pasted into the form as required. The application must be completed in English.
Information required for application
- Details of your degrees (BSc, MSc)
- Details of any other post-graduate degrees, awards, honours or distinctions (description with a maximum of 250 words)
- Details on research stay abroad during studies (if any)
- Details of past research experiences
- A list of your publications (PubMed format, maximum of 300 words) and your conference contributions (title of presentation, date and location of the conference)
- Which groups you are interested in working with; up to 5 may be selected. Please note: not all groups offer projects in every call!
- A motivational statement describing your interest in the IPP and your chosen groups as well as your scientific goals (maximum of 300 words)
You will be asked to upload the following documents in PDF format:
- Curriculum vitae (max size 3 MB)
- A single file (max size 4 MB) containing:
- University studies as far as completed (including certificates of qualification and transcripts of records)
- English language test certificate (not mandatory, only if available)
- High school certificate (if available)
IT degree is nowadays is a very valuable degree. You can earn your masters in IT or Bachelor of IT degree from home studying in online colleges. Accredited online IT degree programs are very helpful in self-development. Accredited online IT degree programs are also beneficial for career advancement. An employee holding a managerial post, if get admitted in accredited online IT programs and completes it, he can be better manager. Because of the official tasks are IT dependent. Another good thing about accredited online IT degree programs is that an employee, a student or even a house wife can take admission in accredited online IT degree programs and complete his accredited online IT degree programs and earn their degrees online. As online education is painless and there is no transportation hassle in online education, accredited online IT degree programs are very good online education degree programs to get admitted.