Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students at DGIST in Korea
Deadline 1 / Deadline 2
October 26 / December 28
Scholarship in Korea
Master’s Degree Scholarship / Scholarship for PhD Program
The Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology is offering fully funded scholarships for international students. The scholarship is available for pursuing postgraduate programmes (Masters and PhD).
In 2004, the Korean Government established DGIST as a research institute to promote national science and technology. Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology simply referred to as DGIST, is one of the four public universities in South Korea which are dedicated to research in science and technology, along with KAIST, GIST, and UNIST.
The Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology is a public science and engineering university located in Daegu Metropolitan City, Republic of Korea.
- The scholarship is available for pursuing masters and PhD programmes.
- The scholarship is awarded in the subjects offered by the University.
- Tuition: Full scholarship for all graduate students
- Stipend for Education and Research
PhD: 13,680,000KRW + ? / year
MS : 7,440,000KRW + ? / year
- DPF (DGIST Presidential Fellowship)
Special scholarship : 3,000,000 KRW / semester
Research scholarship: Max. 10,000,000 KRW
Study abroad scholarship: Max. 16,584,000 KRW
Who Can Apply for this Scholarship?
M.S. / Integrated M.S & PhD – Students who hold bachelor’s degrees or are expected to complete their bachelor’s degrees by February 2018
PhD – Students who hold master’s degrees or are expected to complete their master’s degrees by February 2018
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply for this Scholarship?
Applicants can apply through online mode. All the documents should be arrived b the deadline by mail or in person. Applicant must submit the following documents
- Application form
- Personal statement and study plan
- Letter of recommendation(s) signed and sealed
- Agreement for verification of academic record
- Official transcripts(If possible, containing rank or percent for each subject)
- Copy of the applicant’s passport
- Copy of both parents’ passports or official documents indicating their nationalities
- Official document specifying parent-child relationship
- Supplementary Documents
- Up to 5 records of tests and various awards
- English test report: TOEFL, IELTS, TEPS, TOEIC, etc.
- High school graduation or university admission test: British GCE A-Level, Japanese Admission Center Exam, Chinese Unified Exam, German Abitur, French Baccalaureate, Turkish YGS or LYS, The West African Examinations Council, etc
- Standardized tests and other academic certifications and/or reports: IB Diploma, IB Certificate, SAT(Code: 7440), AP, ACT, AICE, AEA, etc.
Online colleges removes the geographical boundaries. However, it doesn’t mean students always need to be overseas students to get admitted in online colleges. Students how live nearby also prefer online colleges to avoid transportation. These types of students look for regional online colleges. Regional online college’s means the online colleges located in a particular region. If you are looking for regional online college in United States that means you are looking for online college in United States. The region in this case in United States. Regional online colleges are geographically separated. Students who want to study in particular geographical location but cannot afford it, by choosing regional online colleges can solve the problem. For example, a student want to study in Canada. Now if he simply search for regional online colleges in Canada and get admitted, his problem will be totally solved.