Fulbright Arctic Scholarship in USA
Deadline: October 30
Scholarship in USA
Applicants are invited to apply for Fulbright Arctic Initiative Programme. The programme is available for United States, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Russia and Sweden applicants.
The aim of the programme is to create a network to stimulate international scientific collaboration on Arctic issues while increasing mutual understanding between people of the United States and the people of other countries.
The Fulbright Program, sponsored by the US government, plays a prominent role in the international education system.
- The programme is available to pursue research.
- The programme is awarded in one of two areas, Resilient Communities and Sustainable Economies.
Amount of Scholarship:
The programme will cover the following:
- The Fulbright Arctic Initiative for 2017-2018 provided a platform for scholars from across the Arctic region to engage in collaborative thinking, analysis, problem-solving and multi-disciplinary research.
Who Can Apply for this Scholarship?
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be from one of the member states of the Arctic Council: Canada, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Russia, Sweden, and the United States.
- Non-U.S. applicants must be citizens of the country from which they are applying and residing in the country at the time of application. Non-U.S. applicants who have dual-U.S. citizenship or who hold permanent residency “green cards”, whether or not they reside in the U.S., are not eligible. Since specific residency requirements vary from country to country, applicants should contact their local Fulbright office directly to determine their eligibility.
- U.S. applicants must have U.S. citizenship and be residing permanently in the United States.
- A PhD or equivalent professional/terminal degree is preferred. For professionals and practitioners outside academe, recognized professional standing and substantial professional accomplishments are required.
- Preference will be given to early or mid-career academics, applied researchers and/or professionals with research experience in the public, non-profit, or private sectors.
- Preference for Fulbright Scholar opportunities will be given to candidates who have not previously received a Fulbright Scholar grant. Recipients of a Fulbright Scholar grant are eligible to apply for another Fulbright Scholar grant two years after the date of completion of the previous grant. (For serial grants, the two-year period begins at the end of the final grant in the series.) Applicants may apply for only one Fulbright Scholar regional program or country per academic year.
- Applicants should have particular expertise and relevant experience in one of the identified research areas and be willing to develop new collaborative research with other members of their thematic group.
- Non-U.S. Scholars must demonstrate proficiency in English.
- Non-U.S. applications must be submitted through the Fulbright Commission in the applicant’s home country. Candidates in Russia should apply through the IIE Fulbright Office in Russia.
- U.S. applications must be submitted through the Institute of International Education’s Council for International Exchange of Scholars (IIE/CIES).
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be PhD.
English Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
How to Apply for this Scholarship?
Applicants can apply through the online processor.
Accreditation and fully accreditation are not same thing. Accredited online college means of the college has been ready. There are many accredited online colleges which are not fully accredited online colleges. In this case maybe some of the courses are accredited. When some of the courses are accredited of aniline college we can all college as a fully accredited online college. We cannot call it as an online accredited college at all. Because a few program of an online college doesn’t mean that the entire college has been accredited. When you see advertisement about accredited online programs before getting admitted make sure that the online college is fully accredited online colleges. If only that program is accredited it is not a good choice to get admitted in that online college. It is always wise to get admitted into a fully accredited online colleges. because of fully accredited online college means not only the online programs offered by that accredited online colleges has been accredited but also the management and the staff and other facilities has been fully accredited. That is why fully accredited online colleges is better than online colleges that have accredited online programs.