Deakin University PhD Scholarships in Australia
Deadline: October 31
Scholarship in Australia
Scholarship for PhD Program
Higher studies in Australia? Is it a good choice? Every day, thousands of students ask the same question. Which country should they go to get higher education? Higher education in Australia is definitely a good choice. And there are lots of opportunities of scholarship in Australia. Every year hundreds of students get scholarship in Australia. Australia has numerous universities which are within top 500 position in world ranking. At the same time environment in Australia is very student friendly. A report shows that in Australia students from different nations don’t face any kind of racism. That is another bright side of higher studies and scholarship in Australia. However, the education cost in Australia is high. In scholarshipin.com, we have gathered the top scholarships offered in Australia to help students with the tuition fee. In this section of scholarshipin.com there are more than 50 top scholarships of Australia has been highlighted. If you are looking for scholarship in Australia, then you are at the right place. Scholarshipin.com has made scholarship in Australia search easier for the students. Although we didn’t cover all of the scholarships of Australia, we focused on the top scholarships of Australia only.
Applications are invited for Deakin University PhD Scholarships which are available for domestic and international students. There are two types of scholarships: the RTP scholarships (previously APA) are funded by the Australian Federal Government, while the DUPR scholarships are funded by Deakin University.
Deakin University is a university with approximately 50,644 higher education students in 2014. Established in 1974, the University was named after the leader of the Australian federation movement and the nation’s second Prime Minister, Alfred Deakin.
- Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Amount of Scholarship:
These scholarships will cover the followings:
- A stipend of $26,682 per annum tax exempt (2017 rate)
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (2017) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin
- 12 weeks paid sick leave
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Tuition fee and overseas health coverage for international students for the duration of 4 years.
Who Can Apply for this Scholarship?
Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Applicants who have commenced their research degree must have at least 2/3 of their equivalent candidature remaining.
- Applicants applying for Research Masters or Research Doctorate must not hold an equivalent research qualification.
The primary criterion is a high standard of Honours (a year of assessed research following an undergraduate course) or its equivalent. Equivalence could include:
- Research Master’s degree with at least 2/3 of the degree comprising a thesis graded at 80%+
- Coursework Master’s degrees or graduate diplomas that include a research project or thesis of 10,000 to 20,000 words, to 80%+ standard, and research methodology units
- Comparable qualifications from international universities including a research project or thesis of 10,000 to 20,000 words and a GPA with an 80%+ standard
- Relevant postgraduate research experience
- Independently refereed journal articles, publications, or conference papers
- Professional reporting or prior learning
- Research related awards or prizes
- Other evidence of research ability.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet Deakin’s PhD entry requirements, be enrolling full time and hold an Honours degree (First Class) or a Master’s degree with a substantial research component in environmental microbiology.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply for this Scholarship?
Students need to apply via the online Higher Degree by Research Application Form. They will be required to attach a number of certified supporting documents, in addition to your research proposal and referee reports. The process for scholarship applications is different for each faculty/institute. Some faculties/institutes require an Expression of Interest form to be submitted prior to submitting a full application via the online Higher Degree by Research Application Form.
Are you holding a job but want to do better? The online bachelor degree programs are for you. In online bachelor degree programs, a student can work and study at the same time. Online bachelor degree programs save transportation costs too. Online bachelor degree programs save huge amount of time that can be invested in somewhere else. But first thing first is to make sure you are enrolling in accredited online bachelor’s degree programs. If the online bachelor programs you have chosen is not accredited online bachelor’s degree programs, then you won’t make much luck out of it. Only accredited online bachelor’s degree programs are considered as quality education degree. Hundreds of online bachelor’s degree programs are there. But if you really want a valuable degree and want to earn the degree from online education system, then make sure you are getting admitted in accredited online bachelor’s degree programs. When an online bachelor degree program is accredited by proper authority, then it is called accredited online bachelor’s degree programs and only then it can play an important role in building career.