Global Scholars Program in Canada
Deadline: May 23
Scholarship in Canada
Do you want to study abroad? There are thousands of student who leave their countries to study abroad. The question is which country would be the best to study abroad? With many different choice, study in Canada is a very good one. There are numerous reasons behind this. First of all jobs in Canada are very available. And Canada has University of Toronto and several other top universities of the world. If you want to study in Canada, getting a student visa is easier. At the same time you can work in Canada and study. Most attractive thing is scholarship in Canada. Canadian government as well as the universities offer numerous scholarships every year. Scholarship in Canada is easier to get. And scholarship in Canada can totally eliminate the tuition fee. In scholarshipin.com, we have talked about scholarship in Canada. There are hundreds of scholarship in Canada. However, in scholarshipin.com, we have gathered the top scholarships of Canada. If you are looking for scholarship in Canada, scholarshipin.com is the right place. You will find all of the top scholarships of Canada in scholarshipinc.com
International students are invited to apply for a new opportunity for Early Career Investigators to help scholars build their research network and develop essential skills to become leaders.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program is a two-year appointment designed to support young investigators at a pivotal time in their careers.
CIFAR is founded on the belief that the grand possibilities and global problems that face humanity will only be addressed with different and new ways of thinking. Through its unique research programs, CIFAR creates strong connections between the world’s top researchers that spark unconventional perspectives and groundbreaking insights.
Amount of Scholarship:
Global Scholars receive $100,000 CDN in undesignated research support. The funds are administered through the Global Scholar’s home institution and are intended to support his or her capacity to conduct research. Possible uses include, but are not limited to: teaching release, student support, summer salary (where applicable), and research assistant salaries. CIFAR also covers the cost of Global Scholars’ attendance at meetings of their CIFAR research program and the Global Scholars’ annual meeting. Global Scholars are permitted to concurrently hold other competitive research fellowships.
Who Can Apply for this Scholarship?
To be eligible for this program, applicants must:
- Hold a PhD, or equivalent terminal degree.
- Be employed no more than five years in their first full-time faculty position, including both research and teaching responsibilities, at an institution of higher education or research. Typically, applicants will be at an Assistant Professor level or equivalent in other academic systems. NOTE: Postdoctoral fellows are not eligible to apply to this program.
- Be appointed to their first faculty position no earlier than May 1, 2012. Special consideration may be given to those with exceptional circumstances or leaves.
- Be engaged in research that complements and contributes to the themes and goals of one of the eligible CIFAR research program (refer to section E).
- Demonstrate an outstanding level of research achievement and promise of future impact in their field, as evidenced by quality of publications, awards received, and statements by distinguished referees.
- Demonstrate a track record of, or interest in, engaging across disciplines, as well as sectors beyond academia, to enrich and extend the impact of their research.
- Be in good standing to obtain a passport and travel visas to attend CIFAR meetings in Canada and other countries around the world.
- Be available to attend a two-day in-person interview* on September 16-17, 2017 in Toronto, Canada. Travel costs will be provided by CIFAR.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold a PhD, or equivalent terminal degree.
English language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in spoken and written English.
How to Apply for this Scholarship?
A) Summary Section
- A brief description of your most significant paper or research achievement. (150 words maximum)
- A summary of how your research complements and contributes to the themes and goals of the CIFAR research program you would like to join. (150 words maximum)
- A summary of your most important leadership experience to date. (150 words maximum)
- A summary of your engagement to date with non-academic communities to extend the impact of your research. If you have not been active outside of academia, briefly discuss why, and the type of activities you would like to pursue. (150 words maximum)
B) Detailed Section
- A detailed discussion of your research background and proposed future directions, how this agenda would contribute to the themes and goals of the CIFAR research program, and how participating in the program would advance your research. Propose areas of potential research interaction and collaboration with Senior Fellows and Fellows of the program. (1000 words maximum)
- An extended discussion of your desire to make an impact outside of academia. How can you see your research changing the world, even in a small way? Who needs to be engaged with your research for that to happen? (1000 words maximum)
- A short description of your research interests using lay terms for a general audience and public use. (100 words maximum)
- A current CV, including publication list, uploaded as a .pdf document. Files must include the .pdf extension as part of the file name.
MBA degree helps to get a better job. Most of the managerial position requires MBA degree. That is why after completing Bachelor’s degree program, it is wise to attend an MBA program. A bachelor’s degree will help you to get a job. But an MBA degree will help you to thrive in you job. MBA degree can help you getting quick promotion. At the same time, an MBA degree can help you getting higher salary. However, after joining in a job, it becomes difficult for students to attend MBA program. Here online MBA programs can help. When a student attend online MBA program, he can attend online MBA class and does job at the same time. Online MBA degrees are very effective. Especially online MBA degree in Marketing or online MBA degree in accounting is very helpful. If you want a better career, or want to thrive faster in your career, an MBA degree is mandatory. In order to make life easier, online MBA degree is most helpful. So, the choice is yours. MBA degree or online MBA degree, both will have same impact. However, earning an online MBA degree is much easier. And at the same time earning an online MBA degree is cheaper yet more effective.