Canon Collins Postgraduate Scholarships for Africans.
Description: The scholarship address the people who thinks about the social justice in Southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate scholarship is very important to work in creating this kind of open and just society. In early 2015, the trust revised the South African’s scholarship policy and now is calling to African’s students who wishes to complete post graduate degree of one year or two years in South Africa.
Scholarship Provider: Canon Collins.
Area of Study: For last three years the trust is offering scholarships in below area of studies.
- Justice which includes Law, Economics, Politics and Environment.
- Education which includes Policy and Practices.
- Humanities which means Literature, History, Arts and Anthropology.
Benefit of the Scholarship:
- In 2017, most awards will be valued at R65, 000 for per year.
- In exceptional cases the amount can be R100, 000 per year.
- Support for both Full time and part time study.
- Encourage distance learning.
- Scholarship holders are encouraged to participate in various types of events to create differences.
- Though the scholarship will not cover computer and other equipment but books will be provided.
- Scholarship holder students will be automatically eligible for others scholarships.
Eligibility: To apply for the scholarship the candidate must have fulfilled the following criteria:
- The applicant may have the citizenship in below countries: Botswana, Angola, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia Zimbabwe, South Africa, and Namibia.
- Be normally resident in one of the above countries.
- Must have completed a University Degree. One may apply for the scholarship from Third year Post-matric Diploma at recognized institutions. Scholarships can be taken from B. Tech at a former Technikon.
How to Apply:
- The main timeline for applying the scholarship is June to August for study the following year.
- First of all download the application form from the website.
- Fill up the form with necessary information and submit it with all other related documents.
- The authority will ensure your submission and get back to you if further information or document required.
- After that all, if everything is okay then a video conference will be needed for formal interview and they will ask some query regarding the candidate.
- If the response is positive they will issue an offer letter for the admission as well as the scholarship paper for that candidate.
Contact: For any query please go to http://www.canoncollins.org.uk/postgraduatesa.html