Australia Awards Scholarships by Australian Government
Scholarship in Australia
Scholarship for Undergraduate Program / Bachelor Degree Program / Postgraduate Scholarship
In scholarshipcare.com you will always find tons of updated scholarship information. Undergraduate scholarship, Master’s degree scholarship, PhD scholarship, private scholarship, community scholarship – and you name it, they are here in scholarshipcare.com which makes it the best website to apply for scholarships and grants online. If you are looking for scholarships scholarshipcare.com should be your first choice. Unlike other website, we constantly monitor new scholarship opportunities and update our existing database accordingly. And you will get hundreds of Bachelor’s degree scholarship, postgraduate scholarship and PhD scholarship updates free of cost. Scholarshipcare.com is the best website to apply for scholarships and grants online because we have made the application process of each scholarship easier than ever. And you are getting scholarship information from all over the world in same place. That is why scholarshipcare.com is the best website to apply for scholarships and grants online.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Available Subject(s): Study programs must relate to applicants country’s priority areas for development. These are listed on the participating country profiles.
Amount of Scholarship:
The Awards are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
- Full tuition fees
- Return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- Establishment allowance—a once only payment of A$5,000 as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – is a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department. From 1 January 2013, CLE payable to awardees is A$30,000 per year.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a compulsory 4-6 week program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on life and study in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the student’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees—if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training
- Supplementary Academic Support may be available to ensure a Scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
- Fieldwork (for research awardees and Master by coursework which has a research component where fieldwork is compulsory component)—may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
Who Can Apply for this Scholarship?
To be eligible to receive an Australia Awards Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing the scholarship
- Be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship
- Not be married, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilisation phases (note: residents of Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a Student visa (subclass 500) and not be current serving military personnel
- Not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently
- Not be applying for another long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia (for example, a previous awardee who has been on an Australia Awards Scholarship in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have resided outside Australia for eight years)
- Have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (e.g. having worked a certain number of years in an appropriate sector) vii. be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken (this may mean that Program Areas will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the institution’s admission requirements. This may not be known until Program Areas request a placement at selected institutions)
- Be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to hold a Student Visa. This may mean that the Program Area will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the visa requirements ix. Applicants must inform the Program Area of any connection or relationship to staff employed at Program Areas or with managing contractors so that the application may be properly and transparently managed.
List of Countries: Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Timor-Leste, Vietnam.), Pacific (Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Pacific Collectivities (New Caledonia, French Polynesia, and Wallis and Futuna), Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Republic of Palau, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu), Africa (Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia) and Middle East (Palestinian Territories)
How to Apply?
The mode of applying is online or post.
Nowadays everyone wants to apply for scholarships and grants online. Although most of the scholarship application process has become online process, however, many scholarships do not have online scholarships and grants application process. Mostly online universities advertise as apply for scholarships and grants online. However, when students step forward to apply for scholarships and grants online, the find it that only application from of scholarship can be filled online. To make it easy, we are, scholarshipin.com has come up with a solution. Almost all of the scholarships available can be applied through online process. That means it is a site that allows apply for scholarships and grants online.