Aoyama Gakuin University Scholarship in Japan
Deadline: July 31
Scholarship in Japan
Scholarship for Masters Program
World Customs Organization is offering a number of scholarships for pursuing Master’s Degree Programme in Strategic Management and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) programme at the Aoyama Gakuin University.
The Strategic Management and Intellectual Property Rights Program (SMIPRP) is a 12-month master’s degree program at AGU’s Graduate School of Business and offers cutting-edge classes and practical management skills for future leaders, particularly in customs organizations around the world.
Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) is one of the top private universities in Asia, located in the heart of metropolitan Tokyo, Japan.
- Scholarships are available for pursuing master degree programme.
- Scholarships are awarded in Strategic Management and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) programme.
Amount of Scholarship:
These scholarships will cover the followings;
- A monthly stipend covers accommodations, meals, transportations, and other expenses. It cannot be increased to cover family members if any. The amount of stipend is subject to change according to the decision of the Japanese Government.
- Admission and tuition fees are paid by the Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship Program.
- Round-trip economy-class air tickets between your home country and Japan is provided.
Who Can Apply for this Scholarship?
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A candidate must be a customs officer of a developing member of the WCO with quality work experience of at least three years in the field of customs policy and administration in his/her home country.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in IPR border enforcement, and who are expected to work in the IPR-related section of their Customs administration after this Scholarship Programme.
- After the completion of the Programme, the candidates should continue to work in their home Customs administration for 3 years at least. After half a year and 3 years from the completion of the Programme, they should report to the university indicating the post they occupy in their home administration and how they have been utilizing the experience they acquired in Japan.
- A candidate must be in good health and preferably under 40 years of age as of April 1, 2017.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have bachelor’s degree or higher.
Test Requirement: No
English language Requirements: English Proficiency:
- A suitable level of proficiency in English to be able to write a thesis is required.
- For those who have not received undergraduate/graduate education in English, please submit an official score report or certificate of exams with the following minimum scores or above.
- TOEFL iBT(internet based test) 79, TOEFL PBT(paper based test) 550, IELTS 6.0 (in each band)
- The score should be obtained within the past two years of the application.
- TOEFL ITP score is not accepted.
- For those who have received education in English, please obtain an official proof letter from the graduated university.
How to Apply for this Scholarship?
mode of applying is online.
- Application Form (Form 1)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (Form 2)
- Certificate of Employment Status and Acceptance for Leave of Absence (Form 3)
- Photocopy of diplomas from all colleges/universities attended with a signature and seal from the 3rd party. If your diplomas are not English, please provide an official translation.
- Original English Transcript(s) issued by all colleges/universities attended (if your transcript is not English, please provide an official translation)
- Standardized test information – originally issued TOEFL or IELTS score report (only for those whose undergraduate/graduate education was not conducted in English. If received your education in English, please submit a proof letter issued by the university you have graduated from)
- A photocopy of either a paper, report, thesis, or book written in English, if any
- An Assignment Paper (Form 4)
- A Research Proposal at the SMIPRP (Form 5)
- WCO Nomination Form (Form 6: if applicable, please submit the form. The form needs to be completed by, or under the authority of, the Head of the nominating administration e.g. Director General, Commissioner or equivalent official)
- A photocopy of your passport
There is very little difference between accredited online college classes and non-accredited online college classes. The difference become acute when after completing the degree from online colleges. Those who get admitted in accredited online colleges and attend classes of accredited online college classes get a valuable certificate upon successfully completion of the college degree. But those who attend non-accredited online college classes get certificates but worthless certificate. They are not hired by the employers. Because there is no credibility of certificate issued by non-accredited online colleges. That’s why do not be tempted by attractive advertisements. Simply get yourself admitted to an accredited online college and start attending accredited online college classes. In the long run quality survives. And so does the degree from accredited online college classes.