Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships (AES)
The University of Amsterdam, established in 1632 and located at the central Amsterdam, Netherlands arranges for this scholarship. Being one of the largest research universities in Europe, this public university is the third oldest one endorsing the largest enrollments within Netherlands. It owns seven faculties comprising of Humanities, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Law, Economics and Business Science, Medicine and Dentistry. The university had achieved a rank amid the top 50 universities around the globe in 2014 and also got ranked as the 1st amongst all universities in Netherlands according to the QS World University Rankings.
The globally famed University of Amsterdam offers this Master’s Degree Scholarship to all the eligible outstanding students (international students from Non-EU or EEA countries) to grab on their opportunities of undertaking suitable Master’s Programs.
Area of Study:
Master’s Degree Programs that are competent in English will be accessible at these Faculties under AES:
- Faculty of Science
- Amsterdam Law School
- Graduate School of Humanities
- Faculty of Economics and Business
- Graduate School of Social Science
Benefits of the Scholarship:
- Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships (AES) is a full scholarship.
- AES will pay you € 25,000 annually for each academic year.
- Living expenditures are contained within the annual amount.
- AES also covers your tuition expenses.
- For two Master’s Programs, a likely extension of the scholarship for a second year will also be manageable.
- Must be a Non-EU student (from Non-European Union countries)
- Graduates residing in the top 10% of the class from any discipline can apply
Selection of the Graduates for Master’s Program will be based on three aspects.
- Records of Academic Brilliance
- Consequence of the chosen Master’s Program to the graduate’s upcoming career.
How to Apply:
- Applications must be submitted through the Admissions Offices of the Graduate Schools.
- Deadlines for the AES may differ per Graduate School.
- The deadline is either 15 January or 1 February every year. This date is earlier than the application deadline for most of the Master’s Programs.
- The detailed eligibility requirements, selection standards applied and information and on the application other directions can be found on the Graduate School websites.
- Visiting the official websites (link given below) and other specific faculty websites (link given under related fields of study) is mandatory for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For complete information about applying for the AES, please visit the following website:
- Official Scholarship Website: http://www.uva.nl/en/education/master-s/scholarships–tuition/scholarships-and-loans/amsterdam-excellence-scholarship/amsterdam-excellence-scholarship.html